Sending Emails From A Custom Email AddressLast Updated: February 14, 2020
It can take 24-48 hours to fully propagate the information once you complete the initial setup.
While our support is here to answer questions around DNS setup, we do not provide additional guidance or troubleshooting in instances in which the DNS configurations are not behaving as expected. The reason for this is that DNS configurations vary from one webhost provider to another. For any issues, please contact your webhost provider directly.
If you're sending emails by default your autoresponder emails, newsletters and more are sent from email@example.com. However, it's easy to send emails from your domain by following a few steps below.
To change the domain you're sending from, there are a few criteria that must be met:
- Own your own domain name.
- Have the ability to edit the domain’s DNS records
- Be hosting a website at the root of the domain
Note: It isn’t possible to use this feature with free email addresses such as Gmail or Yahoo.
To add a new sending domain:
- Navigate to https://app.prooffactor.com/sending-domain
- On the resulting screen click on "Add Sending Domain"
- On the resulting prompt enter your domain name, such as "example.com" and click the add button.
- A list of DNS records will appear. Add each one of them to your DNS service, one at a time.
Note that there are a mix of CNAME and TXT records!
!! It can take 24-48 hours to fully propagate the information once you complete the initial setup. !!
- Once you’ve added the DNS records, click “Verify” to check if the DNS records are correct. View the records again to see which ones require adjustment.
- Once your domain is verified you can use it as a from domain when setting up your follow up emails!
- Feel free to reach out to our support through our live chat if you run into any issues